Overview of the Route Sales Representative
This position is responsible for the efficient delivery of bottled water and related products to a predetermined customer base on scheduled delivery days, and to provide exemplary customer service and promote customer base growth.
* Deliver pre-ordered products and also to upsell our popular brands/products.
* Efficiently manage customer base within established route with an average of 50+ stops per day.
* Safely operate a commercial vehicle and diligently perform all duties in a safe manner.
* Develop a relationship with and provide service and products to existing customers that insures customer retention and customer loyalty.
* Complete service calls, resolving customer problems or complaints. Respond to customer calls on company provided cell phone in a safe and timely manner.
* Use handheld system to key transactions and manage customer data.
* Manage inventory and balance daily route activities.
* Protect company assets, including collection of equipment and customer payments.
* Identify opportunities to acquire new long-term customers to support route growth.
* There will be an introductory training period.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a CDL Class B license (CDL required in some locations) with proper Department of Transportation (DOT) with company policies.
* Ability to meet ongoing federal DOT physical requirements and testing.
* Basic computer/data entry skills and math abilities.
* Sales experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to pass Company pre-employment background check, drug screening and physical ability test (PAT).
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
DS Services of America, Inc. (DS Services) is a U.S. operated company that offers bottled water, brewed coffee and tea beverages and related equipment, break room supplies, and equipment and services for water filtration systems. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the company's products are produced at 28 company-managed production facilities, 10 supplier-managed facilities and delivered to over a million home, office, restaurants, food service organizations, convenience stores, and retail locations across the U.S. DS Services is a leader in the home and office delivery of bottled water and several of our drinking water brands have been satisfying consumers for well over 100 years. DS Services bottled water products are sold under the brand names Alhambra®, Athena®, Belmont Springs®, Crystal Springs®, Deep Rock®, Hinckley Springs®, Kentwood Springs®, Mount Olympus®, Nursery® Water, Sierra Springs®, and Sparkletts®. DS Services also delivers brewed coffee and tea beverages, breakroom supplies under the Standard Coffee®, and Javarama® brands. DS Services provides water filtration systems under the brands StanGuard Quality Water Assurance™ and MyUtapia®, as well as equipment and services under the Relyant Coffee Equipment Services™ brand.