Overview of the Sales Representative
This position promotes growth through new business development to Costco club members by offering DS Services product home and office delivery service.
* Identify and acquire high quality, long-term, "preferred" customers to support growth through Costco Road show program participation.
* Primary responsibility is to make sales presentations to prospective DS Services customers at pre- identified Costco locations. On occasion similar duties may be performed at other retailers.
* Identify customer needs; match needs to Company products and services, and overcome customer objections and resistance.
* Negotiate appropriate pricing and adjustment decisions within established guidelines.
* Meet established performance objectives.
* Communicate front-line conditions and customer problems to manager; create and maintain contracts, accounting and service documentation and logs as required by manager.
* Serve as a Company representative with Costco management to ensure that DS Services is represented in a professional manner at all times.
* Communicate with store management as needed.
* Ensure in store booth set up is completed according to DS Services and Costco standards.
* Meet DS Services Driver Qualification guidelines.
* Demonstrated ability to sell DS Services products to new customers.
* Ability to negotiate successfully with potential residential and commercial customers.
* Wear proper and approved company apparel daily
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to input data on handheld device and account for results on spreadsheets.
* Physically able to lift equipment and bottles weighing 43 pounds, as needed. Ability to set up and take down in store booth each workday.
* Able to stand for long periods of time as performing job duties
* Ability to travel to nearby store locations. Occasional overnight travel required.
* Work week is Wednesday -- Sunday; weekends required.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
DS Services of America, Inc. (DS Services) is a U.S. operated company that offers bottled water, brewed coffee and tea beverages and related equipment, break room supplies, and equipment and services for water filtration systems. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the company's products are produced at 28 company-managed production facilities, 10 supplier-managed facilities and delivered to over a million home, office, restaurants, food service organizations, convenience stores, and retail locations across the U.S. DS Services is a leader in the home and office delivery of bottled water and several of our drinking water brands have been satisfying consumers for well over 100 years. DS Services bottled water products are sold under the brand names Alhambra®, Athena®, Belmont Springs®, Crystal Springs®, Deep Rock®, Hinckley Springs®, Kentwood Springs®, Mount Olympus®, Nursery® Water, Sierra Springs®, and Sparkletts®. DS Services also delivers brewed coffee and tea beverages, breakroom supplies under the Standard Coffee®, and Javarama® brands. DS Services provides water filtration systems under the brands StanGuard Quality Water Assurance™ and MyUtapia®, as well as equipment and services under the Relyant Coffee Equipment Services™ brand.